Day six of our spring cleaning week checklist will be the basement & garage.
Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be just about spring cleaning the inside of your home. Consider spring-cleaning your garage too. Not only will it help create more space in an often overlooked area, but it can also make for a much smoother spring season overall.
Benefits of doing Spring Cleaning in the Garage
Spring cleaning in the garage gives a homeowner an opportunity to take stock of what items should be kept and stored, as well as get rid of those things that are no longer needed or wanted. Not only does spring cleaning the garage clear clutter and unwanted items, but it can also provide a much-needed sense of accomplishment after completing a house clean-out.
It is important to tidy up all of your items, from tools and sports equipment to paint cans and garden decorations. When tackling spring cleaning in the garage, it helps to begin by sorting everything into labeled boxes and bins so that things can be easily identified when it comes time to put them away. As spring cleaning allows homeowners to have some necessary organization and keep their living environment tidy and let the fresh air in, it is one of the most efficient ways to stay on top of household tasks.
Spring cleaning in the garage also saves time, energy, and money – when things are orderly there’s no searching through stacks or crates trying to find something! The benefits of spring cleaning the garage are clear; taking even just a few hours out of each year’s spring season allows for tidiness and control within your home. Cleaning out the garage and disposing of any hazardous materials will help provide peace of mind regarding safety while also giving you room to enjoy various spring activities in serene surroundings.
Spring Cleaning Checklist
Take a look at this spring cleaning checklist of items you need to give your home and your garage the deep clean that it deserves this spring cleaning season:
- Baking Soda
- Lemon juice
- White vinegar
- Wet sponge
- Warm water
- Soapy water
- Dish soap/Dishwashing liquid/Dish detergent
- Bathroom cleaner
- Damp microfiber cloth
- Cleaning solution
- Window treatments
- Glass cleaner
- Trash bags
Over the winter months, dirt and debris can accumulate in your home’s storage area, and now that spring has crept up upon us we finally have the time to do something about it. Don’t let all of those boxes filled with items from last season clog up your space; these tips will help you make the most out of your garage so that come summertime you can maximize its usefulness.
From de-cluttering what you don’t need anymore to incorporating helpful organizational supplies, you’ll quickly see why regular spring cleanings are essential for reclaiming every inch of space in your garage. Here are some garage spring cleaning tips that could be helpful for you:
- Use clear plastic bins to store your items instead of cardboard. Cardboard is more apt to get damp and can ruin your belongings.
- Use buckets of DampRid to get rid of moisture.
- Clean oil stains on the garage floor using cat litter.
- Install vertical shelving all the way to the ceiling for ample storage space.
- Get rid of any expired or broken items.
- Install pegboards to hang tools.
- Remove any winter items such as snow blowers or salt bags and replace them with summer tools like garden hoses or lawnmowers. This way, when spring rolls around again you know exactly what needs to go back into storage without having to sort through the clutter.
- Take advantage of this opportunity to clear out items you no longer need or want, such as old furniture and toys.
- Utilize organizational solutions such as shelves, hooks, and bins to create an efficient system for storing seasonal items in your garage and help keep it organized all spring long.
Embracing the challenge of spring cleaning your garage is a smart way to embrace the season and make sure your home stays in a good condition. Good housekeeping skills should start with organizing and sorting out the items inside the garage so that it is clutter-free, aesthetic, and most importantly safe for everyone.
With this article in mind, establish a plan for tidying up your space before summer comes along – you don’t want to be stuck in front of a cluttered garage when it hits its peak temperatures! Grunts Move Junk can assist you in safely disposing of hazardous items or heavy-duty items! Our residential junk pick-up services can help spruce up your garage with improvements that can be enjoyed all year round!