Junk and Clutter Statistics
Many of us would agree that we own way too much stuff. Did you know that having too much clutter can have a negative impact on the brain? According to neuroscientists at Princeton University, having too many excess things in our surroundings can have a negative impact on our ability to process information and focus. This can ultimately cause stress and frustration. So how does all of the clutter begin? Well, it starts with us buying things we don’t need, and keep thinking we might find a use for it someday. Take a look at some of these other interesting junk and clutter statistics to get a better idea:
- The areas in homes where organizing and cleaning services are needed the most are the garage, basement, office, master bedroom, kitchen and closets.
- 50% of homeowners say that the garage is the most unorganized part of the house.
- The top five things women look for in their homes are a child’s toy, wallet, shoes, the remote and lipstick.
- The top five things men look for in their homes are car keys, remote, clean socks, clean underwear and car keys.
- Most people wear 20% of the clothes they own, 80% of the time.
- 80% of the items we keep, we never use.
- 25% of homeowners with two car garages have so much stuff that they can’t even park one car inside, 30% can fit one but not two cars inside.
- 1 out of 4 Americans agreed that they would like to be more organized.
- The average American receives over 49,000 pieces of mail in their lifetime and ⅓ of it is junk mail.
- 40% of adults agreed that if they had more free time, they would spend it with family.
What are you waiting for? Call Grunts Move Junk to help you get a jump start on clearing out all of the clutter from your home! Get rid of the stress by letting us do all of the work for you. Book your appointment now!