Berlin, VT 05602
Grunts Move Junk is building our business in the Barre/Montpelier area and we are looking for a Driver | Team Leader to join our growing team and operate our vehicles in that location. We make the ordinary business of junk removal and moving exceptional and our customers LOVE us for it!
Pay is competitive!
This is an opportunity to work on and be part of a strong team, and a growing and loved company. We expect you will be friendly with customers, reliable, hardworking and not afraid to get your hands a little dirty. If you do your job well and learn how to lead a team there is room for increases in pay and advancement in your job title.
VETERANS & NON-VETERANS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
In this role you will be leading a team and working mostly on “the road” with your teammate (or several) on a daily basis, with guidance and communication from the office. Grunts Move Junk is a top-rated moving and junk removal company and we will expect our customer to be greeted with a smile and treated with the utmost respect. Some days you will be on junk removal jobs and some days you will be on moving jobs, so things stay exciting and new. You will be trained by our long-time field/team managers on how to do your job well, and then take on a leadership role of your own. You will be rewarded for your growth of knowledge, skills and leadership ability.
- Patience and leadership skills
- Truck/trailer backing experience
- Ability to quickly learn our scheduling and communication systems
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Flexibility and ability to think on your feet
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Weekend availability
- Ability to communicate with customers in a polite and professional manner
- Lead and assist with move jobs
- Safely lift and move heavy boxes, appliances, furniture, etc.
- Drive our moving trucks to the customers location
- Lead and assist with junk removal jobs
- Haul junk trailers to customers location as well as to the appropriate landfill
- Keep trucks, trailers and warehouse in good, clean, maintained condition
- Learn to use our scheduling and billing system
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs consistently
- Ability to stand and be moving for long periods of time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. You may be required to undergo a background check prior to employment.
Grunts Move Junk is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination in all aspects of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, place of birth, age, or against a qualified individual with a disability (or any other classification protected by law).