Fall Lawn Care Tips
- Mulch your leaves:
- Many people believe that fallen tree leaves will help insulate your lawn during the long, cold winter months. Unfortunately that is not true and they can actually block vital sunlight and thin your grass.
- Try mulching your leaves with your lawn mower before applying one of your fall feedings to help the soil organisms break down the leaves.
- If you do not want to mulch your leaves, make sure to rake them up before the first snow fall.
- Feed your lawn:
- The difference between an ok lawn and a beautiful lawn, now and next spring, is two fall feedings.
- Feeding early in the fall can help rebuild grass roots that were damaged during the hot, dry summer months.
- Follow with a second feeding 6 weeks after your first feeding.
- Spruce up your lawn:
- When children are playing on a lawn that has been hit with heat and drought, it can get damaged very easily. Make sure to patch up any bare spots you find on your lawn.
- Mow your lawn shorter:
- In late fall, make sure to drop your mower down and cut your lawn 1-2 inches shorter than you normally cut.
- Continue to mow shorter until your grass stops growing late fall.
- Clean up your tools:
- To keep your tools from rusting, clean them up before you hang them up for the season.
- When you are done mowing for the year, make sure to do any winter mower maintenance before storing it away.
- Pack-up lawn/patio furniture:
- Make sure to move your lawn and patio furniture into storage for the winter. If you are leaving them out, we suggest purchasing weather protective patio covers to help protect from any damage.
- Store any patio cushions and pillows in storage totes to keep them from getting moldy.
- Get rid of any leftover junk:
- Let’s face it, having a pile of junk left in your backyard is not only unsightly, but can also cause unwanted damage to your lawn. The longer the junk sits, the bigger the bald spot and damage to your lawn will be.
- To patch up your lawn before winter hits, make sure to call your local junk professionals, such as Grunts Move Junk!
Grunts Move Junk will come and haul away all of your unwanted junk, anywhere on your property. Give us a call today (844) 464-7868 to schedule your junk pick-up or book online.