Hot Tub Removal & Disposal
Often times folks will purchase a hot tub, give it a good run for 5-8 years and then after that, the costs slowly begin to rise. Hot tubs require a lot of maintenance and the upkeep can be very expensive. Between the monthly chemicals needed and parts once things begin to break, you are looking at a costly investment. Sometimes the hot tub is worth the investment and other times it’s not. In the case that it’s not, the hot tubs often get left in backyards or decks, and kill your grass underneath as well as take up a lot of your space. When that’s the case, it’s time to call your local junk removal experts.
Now you have a few options here; you can sell your old hot tub to someone else who is willing to fix it up and you can use that money to purchase a newer hot tub. You can try and load the hot tub up yourself with a couple of your buddies (9/10 this ends up damage and an injury) and bring it to the landfill, or you can call your junk removal experts to remove and haul the broken hot tub away for you.
How to disconnect a hot tub:
- Turn off the electricity to the hot tub’s outlet at the circuit breaker box.
- Tighten a garden hose onto the hot tub’s drain valve. Open the valve to allow the water to drain out. Once the hot tub is completely drained, close the valve and disconnect the garden hose.
- Locate the electrical connection on the hot tub. (You might need to remove a panel to find where the electrical cord connects to the hot tub). Loosen the screws holding the electrical cord connections in place until you can pull the connector wires away from the hot tub. Unplug the hot tub cord from your outdoor wall outlet and place the cord in a safe location so you can store it with your disconnected tub. We recommend that you call an electrician if you are not sure on how to disconnect the hot tub as it can be very dangerous if done incorrectly.
- Next, you want to unhook the plumbing lines from the hot tub. Use an adjustable wrench to loosen the connections. Disconnect the pipes from your outdoor water valves.
- Remove the screws along the top and the joints of the tub’s skirt using a screwdriver. This disconnects the tub from the skirt, which often isn’t substantial enough to stay in place without breaking once you start moving the hot tub. (This step is optional).
- Call Grunts Move Junk to come haul it away for you.
The next time you need a hot tub removed, save yourself the hassle and give Grunts Move Junk a call at (844) 464-7868 or book online.